Tuesday 11 February 2014

Day Two

Ok, so I'm back here on day two of my challenge. Things are going ok so far. In fact it's really day three as I didn't have a drink on Sunday, but my decision was made yesterday, so I'll keep to the original days. Not that it really makes any difference, but it will be good to keep a track of how I make progress along the journey on a day to day basis.  

One of my main triggers for drinking is when I cook a meal in the evening. I never think about having a drink until late afternoon, when I often think about what to make for our evening meal. This is usually left to me as I enjoy cooking. I often like to take refuge in the kitchen, with something nice cooking, some good music playing, and a bottle of red on the go. The bottle can often be empty by the time the meal is ready, which probably says more about my speed of my drinking than of my cooking! I have sometimes made sure that there is a second bottle so that I can start on that...hoping that no-one will notice, but I'm sure that they do.  This is a situation that I will have to manage very carefully. I have found that if I drink lots of water whilst cooking, it can fool my brain. The problem is often when I go shopping for the evening meal. I like to plan nice meals, and visit the supermarket regularly to keep up with fresh ingredients. I have sometimes (ok, often), decided to go shopping for food, although my real intention has been to buy wine. Passing by the wine aisle will be difficult, but hopefully manageable.

I will be cooking this evening, and I really do need to get food, so wish me luck!

Back tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment